Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"You'll be in my heart..." Phil Collins

Sweden was amazing!  It was an eventful week and it was so much fun. We started out in Stockholm.  When we first got there I was reunited with almost all of my swedish friends.  I can not tell you how happy I was to see them all!

                                  
 We stayed at my friend Helena's apartment; it was really nice and in a perfect spot.  We could walk or take the subways anywhere. Stockholm is beautiful. The buildings, the water, the boats, everything about it was unbelievable.  They took us all around Stockholm.  One day we went to the Vassa museum.  The Vassa is an old shipwreck that some divers found in Stockholm.  The ship was huge but the carvings and details it had was incredible.






Martina was our tour guide.  She brought us to the old city; it was my favorite part.  The buildings were so cool, there were a ton of shops and overall it was a neat environment.  We went to the castle.  The prince and princess were not home but we saw a ton of guards everywhere.  She brought us on a really nice walk and we climbed a tower (the view was amazing), and we also took a boat tour.  Im in love with this city. 

 
On wednesday we went on an all you can eat shrimp boat it was awesome! I eat a whole bunch of shrimp; it was a little different though because we had to peel the shrimp ourselves, heads and all.  It was so much fun.  People all over the boat were singing swedish songs. The food was great, the weather was perfect and I was with some of my best friends. I dont know how it could get any better.



One night we had dinner at Therese's house with her family. The food was great and her family is awesome, I met them before at Therese's graduation.  I also had the honor of meeting the great Puff.  Puff is her dog. I also got to meet Martina's dog Milow when we stopped to see her grandma and her mom.  I hear so much about these dogs and it was so nice to finally meet them.
 

For Midsummar we ventured up to Uppsala to Martina's house.  The neighborhood was really nice and everything was so pretty.  There was so much food.  We ate all the traditional food; meatballs, hering, patatoes, cheese and bread.  Then we sang songs, played kubb and many other games.  We celebrated midsummar in Florida and it has definitely turned into one of my favorite holidays.

 


After Midsummar we woke up and had cake for breakfast; it was great! Then we headed out to Västerås to meet Hanna's family and have a bbq with Linda. Hanna's house was really nice and they had pictures everywhere! I was so happy I finally got to meet her family.  Linda's house was amazing as well; it is right on this lake.  The food she cooked was really good; it was a really nice dinner. I have to say we ate extremely well the whole trip.  Swedes are great cooks. 


 Sadly, we left Sweden on Sunday. It was so nice to experience the country and even nicer to see all my friends.  I want to thank them for everything.  They are all the best! I miss them all already. 


No comments:

Post a Comment