Sunday, June 12, 2011

"If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen for you.”

Saturday was one of our best games yet. The weather was beautiful and it was on our home field.  Everything seemed to click in the game.  We were stringing passes together and creating things all over the field.  We won 4-0; I got an assist and four different people on my team scored! Everyone on the field had a great performance.  We are finding each other and connecting better and better every game.


Our home field
I can not understand my coach all the time but the things that have been translated for me before games have been really neat.  He wants us to "dare with the ball" basically saying to "dare" to try new things and not to be afraid of taking risks.  The coach tells us what he expects but we have the freedom to express ourselves on the field.  I really like this philosophy. I have had coaches in the past with a very similar style.  They like us to have fun with the ball and they want us to solve problems on the field on our own.  Playing is my way of expressing myself. I enjoy all the different challenges and curve balls a game can throw at you as well as the feeling of overcoming them and scoring that goal, making that perfect pass, fighting for you teammates, making a difference...Everyone on the team has a role and purpose.  I feel like sometimes "you can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
 Now we have a few days of practice to get ready for our next game on Wednesday verse ONS. We are tied with ONS for second place; this is going to be a big game. These are the games that I look forward to the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment