Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Game of Self Expression

Wednesday was a great day.  I had a good workout in the morning and then hit the beach with the girls.  The weather was amazing; it was about 80 degrees out.  I have my tan back :) The beach was really nice but the water was really cold.  I felt like I was swimming in an ice bath but it felt really good on my legs.  There were a ton of people at the beach; people were playing soccer, volleyball and just laying out.  One of the American guys brought a football.  The girls on my team have never thrown one before so it was pretty funny watching them try.  I'm not very good at throwing but I was pretty impressed with them. 

After the beach we went to the marketplace in town.  Every wednesday people set up stations and sell all sorts of things.  They sold things like candy, ice cream, plants, clothes, bread, and many different random items.  There were also people playing music and performing different crafts. We walked around to all the different stations, got some ice cream and then just sat enjoying the weather while people watching. I loved this! It was such a great day.



  I may pick up a side job.  My team wants me to juggle at the marketplace to music and put out a hat; they think I could make some good money.  I thought they were joking at first but they are completely serious so I am working on my freestyle routine and will be performing on my next available wednesday.  I have actually performed like this before.  When I was a senior in high school I was in this Junior Miss America Competition.  My older sister Nicky did it and when I was little I wanted to be just like her, so I made a promise to myself that I would join Junior Miss as well.   I was definitely not the typical girl for this competition but I loved it and it was an amazing experience.  For the talent part of the competition I juggled my soccer ball to lose yourself by Eminem.  I was pretty nervous performing in front of so many people; my heart was racing but I did not drop the ball once and everything went great! I ended up winning the Talent. So now I am going to perform in the streets.  Street Soccer...That is definitely my style!


No comments:

Post a Comment