Monday, May 28, 2012

Why, why can’t this moment last forevermore?, Tonight, tonight eternity’s an open door, No, don’t ever stop doing the things you do, Don’t go, in every breath I take I’m breathing you, Euphoria...." Loreen

It had been a fabulous weekend!! Eurovision was on Saturday night.  Eurovision is an annual music competition.  Every country in Europe sends an artist or group to perform and then at the end of the show each country votes to determine the most popular song.  I watched Eurovision for the first time last year in Finland and loved it.  I was really excited to see it again. 

I had practice Saturday morning and then immediately after I took the train into the city to meet up with some my best friends. First, they surprised me and gave me a ticket to see Sweden verse Serbia at Sweden's national Stadium in Stockholm, for my birthday!! We are going to the game next Tuesday. Thank you so much Helena, Martina, Hanna, Linda and Therese. You guys are amazing and I am so happy I am so close to you all.

 The weather on Saturday was perfect so before Eurovision we enjoyed the sun in a park and played some Kubb (a Swedish game). After we went and had a little BBQ and got ready for the show. It was great!! Sweden's performance was incredible!!! They were the best.  When the points were being awarded we were cheering every time Sweden received any.  They got points from every country and won the Eurovision title!!! The Swedish song was Euphoria by Loreen.  Loreen's performance was absolutely stunning!!!  Euphoria has been on repeat on my ipod since the competition. Here is Sweden's Eurovision performance.


It was a fantastic night; I did not want to leave!

Sunday was just as incredible.  We had a big game verse IK Huge.  They are the other team in Gavle and our biggest rival.  We played a great game! Everyone all over the field was on.  Defensively we were compact, together and doing whatever it took to win the ball.  In the first have Sandra our forward scored two great goals!! One goal came off a beautiful cross from our outside mid Jossefine and then Josse split the defensive perfectly to send Sandra one vs. one with the keeper.  Huge was pretty good on the outside but we shut them down every time.  Pernie our goalkeeper came up with some big saves as well.  We created many opportunities but the game ended 2-0. Everyone contributed to the win and had a great game.  The Win felt great and it was well deserved!!! It was an incredible end to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment