Thursday, September 1, 2011

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Last Saturday we had an away game verse Viikingit.  We woke up early and took the train to Helsinki.  It is about a five hour train ride but I like taking the train; it is comfortable and its nice to see different parts of the country.  Everyone was excited for the game and eager to get the three points.  We arrived to Helsinki and were ready for the fight physically and mentally.
 
The game started and we ended up giving up an early goal but that didn't stop us.  The whole team continued to press and Tia finished one off.  It was a good goal and a great ball making it 1-1.  We worked together as one unit and kept Viikingit on their half.  Shortly before the half Tia received another great ball, she was composed and found the back of the net making it 2-1.

 In the second half things seemed to just click, we limited Viikingit's chances and created numerous opportunities with our combination play.  The passing and movement off the ball was extremely good at times.  The score remained 2-1 and we came home with the three points that we wanted!

We are only two games into the series but as of right now we are in a strong position with 7 points and are now in first place.  We have another away game near Helsinki this Saturday and we are going for nothing less than a win. Everyone on the team has a really good attitude and we are focused on our goal.

I have to say I have been really enjoying the soccer in Finland.  I really look forward to every time I get to step out on the field and every game.  I almost feel as if I am a little kid again because I get so excited over the smallest things.  Below is a video of some of my favorite speeches in movies.  It is different people doing the unthinkable.  I can be kind of corny sometimes but I love stuff like this.  There should be more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment