Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Winners don't wait for chances, they take them" Unknown

Our last game verse Kuusysi was dramatic! We started out the game strong and Linda scored a 30 yard bomb in the first 10 minutes of the game.  Kuusysi had very few opportunities and we created many chances throughout the half.  Everything was connecting.
 
In the second half Kuusysi fought back and scored a goal making it 1-1.  We continued to press and created many opportunities.  They had a few strong players but our defenders did extremely well shutting them down.  Getting one point for a tie would have been a good result for the game, but we do not play for a tie! In the 90th minute our outside back Heddi won the ball and hit a bending ball to the far post that resulted in an unbelievable goal.  She celebrated with both fists in the air and the whole team dog piled her.  It must have looked like we had won a world championship; it felt like it. The final whistle was blown and GBK was victorious.

I was proud of everyone on the team.  Everyone played a part in the victory. Now with our goals still in mind we have been preparing for our game on Saturday. This game is huge; if we win we will hold our first place position and will be at least four points ahead of everyone.  We are playing FC Sport at home!  Sport is a good side and they are going to be a good challenge. My team and I am fit for the fight!

In an off the field note life in Finland is going really well.  I have become a coffee drinker.  The Finns love coffee and on average they drink 5-6 cups a day. I did some research on how coffee effects an athletes body and I found that caffeine can enhance performance in endurance sports. It is known to increase respiratory functions and improve nervous system feedback.  I have become a regular at this local cafe in town; the workers now know my order.  It is called Media Cafe and the other Americans and I will meet there often for coffee and lunch.  It is a nice place and the people are so friendly.  I bring my computer and I write about my experiences, read, catch up on e-mails, and practice my swedish (rosetta stone). It is a nice place and a perfect spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment