Monday, September 12, 2011

"Its not about how hard you hit... Its all about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward." Rocky

In the movie Rocky I, Rocky is known as a small time boxer that is looked at as nothing but a bum. He works hard and ends up defeating heavyweight champion Apollo Creed. Rocky wins the heavyweight championship and has made a name for himself but in the beginning of the movie Rocky III, Rocky is overpowered by a stronger opponent (Lang).  He gets hit hard and knocked out in the second round...



In Saturday's game I got hit! In the last minute of the game, me and a girl from FC sport went up for a 50-50 ball and our heads collided.  I felt some pain but I got up.  I just wanted to finish the rest of the game out.  Lotta (our center back) told me I was bleeding and told me to stay down.  I heard her speak Finnish to the ref and I had to come off the field.  It was bleeding pretty bad but luckily I did not need stitches.

At the end of Rocky III, Rocky trains harder and meets Lang back in the ring.  He outboxes him and knocks him out in the third round.  Rocky got "hit" and kept "moving forward." I think that is an important statement; not just in sports but in life in general. 


We did not have our best game of the season and FC sport played very well on saturday.  It was not our day; Sport won deservingly. This is game is just a bump in the road and we are still in good standings. An old coach of mine told me you have 24 hours to think about a loss or celebrate a win.  After that it is time to move forward and focus on the next task.  There are three games left.  We have a strong team.  After a good week of practice we will be ready mentally and physically to take on JyPk on Sunday. We got "hit" but now its time to get ready to get back in the "ring."

No comments:

Post a Comment