Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Where the trails of passion and purpose meet, begins the path to victory"

After a rough game verse FC Sport we responded in a positive way and came out victorious against JyPk this past Saturday.  This was a very important game; we have not beat this team yet.  The first half was the best we had played all year. Every player was mentally and physically ready.  We were defending and attacking as one unit and connecting all over the field.  In the 20th minute our forward Tia, Linda and I combined, I made a run into the box and Linda chipped a perfect ball to me, I saw that the keeper was out and I chipped her.  I was so excited and my teammates rushed to celebrate with me! I feel as if I have lived this moment before. My adrenaline was pumping as I saw the ball hit the back of the net; it felt as if this were the first time I ever scored. We kept our focus and about five minutes after, Linda scored a great goal from outside the 18. Shortly after that I made a run into the box and got played a ball right across the six; I slide and the ball hit the post but Jenna was right there to finish it off.  I was on the ground and she tackled me in celebration. Jypk fought back and got a goal in the last minute of the half making it 3-1. 

In the second half we knew that JyPk was going to come out hard and hungry.  We held on and had a solid defensive performance.  Jamie made some good saves and our back four had a great game. About half way through the half  Tia (our forward) got played a ball through and scored.  The game ended at 4-1.  At the end of the game both teams  meet in the center circle, sometimes awards and prizes are given.  I got player of the game.  I was honored and excited but my team as a whole deserved that award this game.  Everyone had a great game and stepped up all over the field.

 This win was big and we are now tied for first.  There are only two games left, if we win the last two games we will stay in first no matter what. Our next game is not until a week from saturday.  We made a goal before this part of the season and we are very close to reaching it. We are going to continue to work hard in practice and prepare for the up and coming challenges. This team is really a great group.  I am proud to be apart of it!

1 comment:

  1. Hello this phrase is trademarked by the Rush Soccer Club. Please take it down.

    ReplyDelete