Tuesday, July 31, 2012

UNPRECEDENTED

UNPRECEDENTED: By definition, unprecedented means "without previous instance, never before known or experienced."

It is not common in Sweden to have soccer camps.  That is crazy to me because camps are so big in the US.  As a kid, I loved soccer camp; it was the best part of the summer! I decided to put together IFK Gavle's first ever soccer camp.  It is Unprecedented; it has never been done before..

A few of my teammates and I designed camp shirts.  I wanted a great word to describe the camp so with the help of my little sister, she came up with UNPRECEDENTED.

I brought my idea to my coach and we presented the camp to the football association.  They agreed to back the camp and we found many sponsors.  The kids get to come to the camp for free, lunch and a camp shirt is included.  Here is the typical day I created.

9-10:30 Technical session

10:30-11:00 Lunch/Snack

11:00-11:15 Psychological Training

11:15-12:30 A Tactical session that is an expansion of the mornings technical session

12:30-1 Games

 I have over 30 kids coming and a number of my teammates have volunteered to help coach.  My teammates are great role models and the players are going to learn a lot from them on and off the field!

The game is full of many different personalities, creativity, sacrifice, courage..  My goal is to push the players outside of their comfort zones.  My teammates and I are going to demonstrate everything; I want the players to see what it is supposed to look like and then I want them to try and imitate everything we do. I want to put them in a challenging environment and help them find success and most importantly have fun!  

Synonyms of UNPRECEDENTED include unique, extraordinary and exceptional... The camp starts tomorrow and that is exactly what it is going to be!


Nu Kor Vi!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment