Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Dream as if you were to live forever.."

I got a call from the newspaper and they wanted to do an article on me.  I was honored.  They asked me about the season, my role models, the coaching I do in Gavle, my past soccer experiences and the camp I will be running here in Gavle.  It is not common to have a soccer camp in Sweden.  Its a lot of fun organizing and putting together a camp.  I am happy the article mentioned the camp. I want as many kids as possible to come train. I want to spread the love, passion and excitement of the game with as many people as I can.  Here is the link to the article.

http://arbetarbladet.se/sport/fotboll/1.4886983-amerikanskan-som-vill-sprida-sitt-kunnande

*It is in Swedish.  My Swedish is getting better and better every day, but google translate always helps.

We ended the first half of our season on a high note and are in a good position.  Our goal is to win the series.  We have great personalities; everyone brings something to the table.  I believe that my team has what it takes to accomplish our goal.

In other news I have been on a short break.  My sister, Melanie and cousin, Jess came to visit me.  It was an incredible trip.  We explored Stockholm, paddle boated/kayaked, went to the ice bar, shopped, explored Gavle, went to a concert, Melanie turned 18, celebrated the fourth of July, caught up with all of my friends, teammates and so much more.  I was so happy they got to experience my life here in Sweden.  It was definitely an adventure I will never forget and a highlight of the summer so far.  I was sad to see them leave.

Loreen!!
After I dropped them off at the airport a few of my teammates asked me to go on a last minute trip back to Stockholm to see Loreen sing live at AllSang!! They said that they thought it would be a good thing to do after my family left, because they knew that they would be sad if their family had just left after a visit.  It was so nice!!! The show was absolutely incredible. I love random trips like that.  Im lucky to be around such great people!!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment