Friday, August 10, 2012

"there is nothing better than doing what you love, around the people you love."


Unprecedented, unique, extraordinary, expectional… That is exactly what the camp was.  It was a complete success and there are very few words to really describe how well it went.  


About 24 girls showed up.  The first day consisted of take on moves, and the principles of one vs. one attacking and defending.  The second day's topic included shooting, volleying and heading.  The last was filled with soccercise (dribbling to music), "Olympic games" and fitness. All the kids grasped the concepts and were able to repeat them back to me and my fellow coaches.  

Each day after lunch there was a scheduled psychological talk with the kids.  We talked about goals, the fear of failure, pressure, and getting out of ones own comfort zone.  I had them talk in small groups with their coaches as well.  


I was really impressed with my teammates/fellow coaches.  They were phenomenal; they helped me with everything I needed!! The demonstrations were great and everyone brought a high energy level which the kids caught on to. I could not have done it without them! They all were so good with the kids and the kids really related to their coach.  All my teammates are amazing role models! Now when the kids read about all of us in the newspaper we will be way more than just another name!


This was my first camp that I have directed and it was exactly how I pictured it in my head. It was amazing seeing what I drew up come to life.  I looked at my field as a canvas. Everything was perfect; from cone set up, to goal set up, to demonstrations, to the transitions from the warm up to the stations.  After each day I felt as if I was on a natural high.  Everything was organized, professional and the topics and drills complemented each other perfectly!

We got many compliments on how well the week went and many of the players already asked when the next camp will be and if we are going to have it again next year.  They also asked for all of our autographs and said that they were going to come watch our home games.  


We did our job, we got these kids excited about the game and that is the most important thing! 

Sunday we had a home gave verse Stromsbro.  It was the first game back after break.  Many of the campers came to the game wearing their IFK camp shirts we designed.  There was so many people at the game; probably the most we have had. I like playing in front of a lot of people  My team put on a show, some of the combinations were spot one and we came out winning 2-0.  It was a good game for us and it was nice to get this win!

Now we have a big game Sunday in Stockholm against Bele Barkaraby and we are hungry for another three points!!  Some of my best friends are coming to the game! Im so happy they are coming.  A wise person told me "there is nothing better than doing what you love, around the people you love." Its true..  It makes everything mean so much more!  








No comments:

Post a Comment