Sunday, August 26, 2012

“The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.”


One of my old coaches told me you only have 24 hours to either celebrate a win or think about a loss and then you have to move on.  Yesterday we had a rivalry game against another team in town; Huge.  We have a good team with some good players; everyone brings something to the table but it was not our best game. It was disappointing to lose but we can learn from this. We will regroup and take it to Taby this weekend.  

I am happy because we get another shot at Huge; in a sense we are lucky.  Second chances like this are rare sometimes, but I am so glad we have a second chance against them.  They beat us yesterday but we are a better team!  Now, we have another chance to prove it by beating them in Swedish Cup final September 4th.


 I do not look at these upcoming games with a sense of pressure.  I have learned that  "its not pressure, its opportunity"  Every time you step onto the field you have an opportunity prove yourself and to be the best; to go further than you think.  There is so much more inside and I have read, very few people tap into their true potential and really reach their physical limits. Why is that? What separates it?

The 24 hours to think about yesterday's game is up.. Its never good to live in the past. Now, it is a new day and there is a new game to prepare for. We have what it takes to finish the rest of the season strong!  


In other news, this week I am going to coaching course here in Sweden.  The company is call Tiki Taka; its Barcelona's style of playing and coaching.  Tony Gustavsson will be running the course.  Tony is the assistant coach of the U.S women's national team and just recently helped them reach the gold medal.  I am excited to meet him and learn the Barcelona way.  It is definitely my favorite style of soccer.  I love things like this; you learn so much and you never know who you are going to meet or what opportunities could come of it.   

Here is a fun video of the Tiki Taka way!


No comments:

Post a Comment