Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"Tell me what do you see, When you looking at me, On a mission to be, What Im destined to be,I done been through the pain and the sorrow The struggle is nothing but love (nothing but love)...I'm a soldier, a rider, a ghetto survivor And all the above" "

One of my goals as a coach and as a player is that I want to get kids excited about the game! I want to put on a show. I want to spread the excitement, beauty, and passion with as many people as possible! 

Yesterday Jossefine, Sandra and I were guest players at a charity skills clinic in town.  It was neat because there were kids of all different races and ethnicities.  There were five different stations; speed shooting, placement, speed dribbling, throw ins, and juggling.  We were with a group of girls the whole time.  The first station was juggling.. When it was my turn; I did some freestyle.  I taught a few of the girls some tricks; they were constantly practicing what I had showed them.

The people in charge of the clinic asked me if I would perform for the whole group.  The whole clinic met in the center circle; there were cameras and the show began.  



After the performance, I got challenged by an 8 year old! He joined me in the circle and we battled. I did a trick and he copied.  He did a trick and I copied.  It was street soccer!! Anything can happen!

Before we left the circle he came up to me and said, " I can do a trick you can't do.." I said," Ok lets see it."  This 8 year old boy put the ball on the back of his neck and took his shirt off; keeping the ball there the whole time.  It was absoutly incredible.  The whole clinic cheered! He was right.. I could not do that trick...


I am a performer; here is my old performance in Finland.


This was another one of those amazing days; it was unpredictable, it was fun, it was total street! I met some great kids, made many new contacts and just had a blast!

  We went straight to practice after the clinic and then my youth team had a game.  My youth team played the best I have seen them play so far! They put on a show as well! We won 2-0. 

 Afterward I walked and I decided to take the long way home.  I starting thinking about everything that happened throughout the whole day and I know I am in the right place. Who would of thought? Its days like these that I realize how much I love what I am doing..




No comments:

Post a Comment