Thursday, June 14, 2012

"And I'll taste every moment, And live it out loud, I know this is the time, This is the time, To be more than a name, Or a face in the crowd, I know this is the time, This is the time of my life, Time of my life"


Last week was incredible! Monday I had my last school trainings for the summer. Tuesday I ventured to Stockholm to watch Sweden play Serbia in their national arena. It was Sweden's last game before the Euro Cup.  The environment was great, it was an amazing day with some amazing people!       

Wednesday I was on a plane back to the U.S. to surprise my sister for her graduation! She had no idea I was coming and I honestly think she was a little mad at me for "not coming." Right when I landed I went straight to her Academic awards ceremony.  I wanted to wait for the right time to really surprise her so I hid in the audience until she got her award.  When her name was called I snuck around so she would meet me coming down the stairs.  When she saw me she just starred; it took her a second to register that I was really there and then she tackled me.  I felt like I was about to tear up with this over whelming surge of joy.  My brother took a video of the surprise. Enjoy!


Friday was Melanie's graduation and it was beautiful! I am so proud of her and I know she is meant for great things.  Afterwards, we had a party at my house and it was amazing to be around my whole family.  It is a time I will never forget.  Melanie and my cousin Jess are coming to visit me soon in Sweden. I can not wait for them to get here. Melanie has visited me every year while I was in Florida and now I am excited to have her come overseas for a Swedish Adventure. 

Saturday I got on a plane back to Sweden.  I was completely exhausted; I had one of the best sleeps of my life on the plane.  I landed in Stockholm Sunday morning and took a train to Gavle right away.  I had a game verse Bromma Pojkarna at 3.  I felt rested from a good sleep on the plane and I was ready to play.  It was a great game!! We were connecting well; scored some classy goals and won 2-1.  It was a great way to end a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment