Wednesday, April 18, 2012

There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." -Oogway

 This past Saturday we had our last training match before the premier. It was a home game verse Hudik.  The game was at stromvallen; the beautiful stadium in Gavle.

I woke up Saturday morning, look out my window and saw that it was snowing... The snow gods must have known we had a game again! Luckily it cleared up for the game and it was not to bad out.  April weather in Sweden has been crazy.  One minute it is gorgeous outside and the next minute there could be hail and snow. 

I had a good feeling about this game and I was excited to play at home.  In the first five minutes of the game I thought Hudik came out fast but we came out faster and harder.  The possession we had in the game was unbelievable! We were finding each other and making each other look good.  Defensively, we were working together all over the field.  We were playing with a very high pressure and moving together as one.  Hudik had very few chances. 

The first half ended 3-0. In the second half we scored early and the goals kept on coming.  You could tell Hudik was beaten and they just gave up.  The game ended 8-0.  It was a great win! Everyone all over the field was involved in every goal and it was just an overall great performance for IFK!!

After the game, our team went to the University in town to watch the Hockey game.  Brynas is the professional hockey team in Gavle and they are in the final series right now! The last time they won the championship was in 1992.  It is very exciting and the whole city of Gavle is behind them! It was so much fun watching the game with my team.  The food they had for us was incredible as well! The way to my heart is definitely through food! Brynas won the game! It was a good day for
sports in Gavle!

As I was sitting there eating this amazing food and watching the hockey game with my team I could not help but stop for a second and just take in the moment. I did not know what to do with myself.  The girls on my team are awesome! I'm just having so much fun. This was just another one of those great days.  I started to think back and flashback on different events in my past and I am just so happy with where I am in my life right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment