Saturday, April 6, 2013

“Excellence can be obtained if you: ...care more than others think is wise; ...risk more than others think is safe; ...dream more than others think is practical; ...expect more than others think is possible.”


I am living two different lives and two different dreams while I am here in Sweden.  One life is in Stockholm where I am working for TikiTaka and coaching for Tyresö.  I have talent trainings every Wednesday; two groups with selected players. One group consist of the Tyresö girls 12-14 and then 15-16.   They are extremely talented and I can see each one of them developing as an individual and as a group already! So much has happened and even more opportunities are presenting themselves!


 My other life is in Borlänge! It is a small city and has a very country feel. From what I have seen, the Darlana district is beautiful!

  I am playing for Gustafs GoIF.  So far it has been great! My first training with the team was a fitness training.   The training was intense and challenging and I was impressed with everyone’s work ethic.  Soccer trainings have also been challenging and fun! My first game with the team was against Rytterne IS; a team from Vasteras.  There were times in the game that consisted of incredible combination play, great possession and some quality finishes.  We won 4-1. 


 
My second training game was last weekend and it was against Gideonsberg.  The first half we were all a little to excited on the ball and gave it away quite a bit but in the second half we calmed down and played some really good soccer and had some great goals.  All the goals my team has scored so far have been earned and well deserved! We created the chances, nothing was given.

Everyone on the team has a unique quality and brings something special to the table.  I think we have the right puzzle pieces to have a great season and go for the Serie title! I really enjoy playing with the girls and I am starting to connect with them.  It will continue to connect and just get better and better every game.

On an off the field note

I have gone Ice skating, they have ice trails that go on for ten miles or more.

 







Swedes have a holiday for waffles!! Its called Våffeldagen. I love their holidays! So my teammates and I celebrated by having a mini waffle party before training!!  
 


 

I climbed a small mountain with the family I am staying with here in Borlange and enjoyed the simple pleasure of the sun and bbq. Borlange is the home of a giant shopping center; Kupolen and the centrum also consist of small cafes.

 Two different dreams.. A dream as a coach…  A dream as a player…  A small town and a big city.. The best of both worlds! I am extremely happy and honored to be here and be apart of Gustafs GoIF and TikiTaka!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment