Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it."

This past Saturday we had a friendly game verse Gustafs GoIF.  Gustafs is a good side and they are ranked pretty high in D1.  It was a home game and I thought it was perfect soccer weather.  In the first half we connected well at times but did not get to many chances on goal.  Gustafs had very few chances as well but ended up finishing of a corner kick making it 1-0 at the half. 


In the second half I thought we really turned it on.  We had chance after chance. We were holding possession all over the field.  I had a few looks at goal, I hit the cross bar.. (I should stop playing crossbar in practice)  Gustafs could not get a hold of the ball and they rarely crossed into our defensive third.  We created numerous scoring opportunities but just could not find the back of the net.  The game ended 1-0.  I never like to lose but I have to say this game was just a fun game to play in.  I felt like it went by so fast; I did not want it to end.  I thought everyone played really well and I thought we played well as a team. 

The girls told me they lost to this team last year 7-1.. Gustufs won 1-0 this past Saturday but I thought we were the better team and should have won by a few goals. Soccer is a crazy game sometimes but I absolutely love it. This game was a good sign for us, we are continuing to develop as a team; everyday gets better and better.  I'm proud to be apart of this team; they are such an awesome group on and off the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment