Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fit for the Fight


Before my first game in Finland, Heddi (one of the girls on my team) comes up to me and asks "Are you fit?" I thought to myself, of course I am fit! I take great pride in my fitness.  She then says "Are you fit for the fight?" Now I understood what she was asking...

We have hit a bit of a rough patch in our season. The results have not gone our way the past few games. The first half of the season has ended and now the groups are reshuffled.  Our league is broken up into two groups. Now the top four teams from each group forms Group A and the bottom 4 teams from each group forms Group B.  We are in the top 4.   We had a team meeting this past Wedensday and we decided on a team goal.  Our goal is to be in the top 2 at the end of the season. We have a strong team and our goal is more than possible.  We just need to continue to work hard day in and day out; leaving everything on the field.

Today was our last game for the first half of the season.  We had a home game verse FC Sport and we were all "fit for the fight." Everyone was thinking about our new goal and wanted to finish this first part of the season strong. It was raining the whole game.  I think it is fun to play in the rain.  Sport scored early but we responded right away to make it 1-1 and then we scored another right before the half ended. Both of our goals had great build ups and were nice finishes.  In the second half I took a corner; the ball was scrambling around in the box but Tessa managed to find the back of the net making it 3-1.  Sport came back and scored one more goal making it 3-2.  It was a close game but we faught hard and we faught together as one team.  The win felt good and it was nice ending on a positive note going into the second half of the season.

Now it is time to prepare!! With our goals in mind, its time to get fit for the next and upcoming fights! 

No comments:

Post a Comment