Tuesday, May 7, 2013

“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..." John Lennon


Joy, Happiness, Hope.  Joy in playing the game, happiness within the game.  Hope, hope within the game and hope in something more, new opportunities, something great; hope in a common goal, hope in a dream and the spread of that hope, happiness and joy. 

“Jackie, we are coming to your game. We need it! We need something good.”  

My team had a game this past weekend in Stockholm against Vasalunds IF. It was at a beautiful stadium and it was a beautiful day.  I saw Fredric, the director of Tyreso, Emma; who I coach with and her dad.  I then saw Therese, her parents (the family I stay with in Stockholm) Jesper, Martina and August all in the stands.  I was so happy to see them all there! 
                          

We scored early on; I split two defenders and our outside mid Ronja sent a perfect cross to our other outside mid, Lina, who made a great run into the box and finished it first time on a volley.  It was a classy goal!! Vasalunds fought back hard; I was impressed with them. My team had some times of great combinations and we created some solid opportunities. It may not have been out prettiest game but we held on and the game ended at 1-0. 

My dad told me when I was younger that when I am making a run into the box trying to score, that it “doesn’t always have to be pretty. A goal is a goal.” That is how the game was on Sunday; not our “prettiest” game but I am proud of my team for sticking together and getting the win! “A win is a win!” This is the first of many three points to come this season!

I met my little Swedish family after the game and everyone seemed so happy talking about the game and just everything.  Again, it was like I lived this moment before. I know I am in the right place.

Sometimes I can’t help it and my mind brings me back to different places and events in my past.  So much has happened… There are so many different stories to tell and I promise one day I will write a book.  After thinking back for only a second I started thinking about all the great things that have happened; all the things I enjoy such as just simply playing the game, taking a walk, exploring a new place, a coffee in the sun with a friend… 




 It is an amazing game. It brings people together from all over the world and from all different types of backgrounds.  The excitement, passion and joy is contagious… You almost can’t help it.  The game this past Sunday brought “something good.” I want to be the one to make the difference, bring that joy, that excitement, that happiness, and that hope… Whether it be as a player or as a coach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment