Sunday, December 30, 2012

"dansa pausa.."

No matter what language you speak or what country you come from there are two things that always seem to bring people together... Soccer and Music.  There are many different rhythms in the game of soccer. It is a dance, a wonderful dance. It is contagious.  As a player I have learned many different ways to "dance" from many different coaches.  I took bits and pieces from every coach and created my own routine.  


This past year in Gavle I took my routine and I tested it out on my youth team.  It was a success and it began to spread.  I shared my dance with the ball with my own team, three schools in Gavle and with my soccer camps. 

This type of training combines my two passions; soccer and music.  It is intense fun and you will get over 1000 touches on the ball within an hour. 

Now that I am in Florida I am coaching the same kids that I had in college.  I look forward to training with them everyday. It is great because coaching allows me to get even more touches on the ball and it has also helped me improve as a player.



I have had a few of them for a few years now and it is always amazing coming back to see them.  Every one of my players has grown, and improved. We all share the same passion and excitement for the game!  I am proud to say that each of them has invested in their development and they all have a bright future ahead.

This video is a small clip of what I do as a coach and as a player.  Here is one of my training sessions in Florida.  Three of girls in the video are currently playing at Florida Southern; they joined the session with my kids. It was great for my kids to see them work just as hard as they were! 

 This session is something special.. No matter how old you are or what level you play at, you can always use technical work, go back to the basics and learn something new. Have fun and enjoy the great dance!!


No comments:

Post a Comment